Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Sunday, June 28, 2009

SCANDAL! the most powerful Japanese Girl Band...

That's what their website says. Well, I don't know if they are the most powerful Japanese girl band, but I do know that they are a lot of fun to listen to.

If you went to SAKURA.CON in the US, you might have heard them before. They toured here recently. This group out of Osaka, Japan is hot and rising fast!

I admit it. I like Japanese J-POP. And I am always amused by the personas that J-POP bands will take on. SCANDAL is a girl rock/pop band. The four of them appear complete in Japanese school girl outfits -- the kind in male fantasies, rather than the reality. They all do their makeup so that they tend to look like clones of each other too! The male fantasy continues!

But beyond the hype, the music is fun and bouncy and the vocals are good.

Even beyond that, they really are part ROCK! You can definitely hear rock vibes and strong guitar musings threaded among the bouncy, girlish J-POP tunes.

That might actually qualify them for the most 'powerful Japanese girl band'...these J-POP fantasy dolls really can hit a rock beat and make it stick.

So give them a look and a listen...you might find yourself getting addicted to J-POP.

Their Myspace music site is at:
www.myspace.com/scandal4

Have fun!
CG Anderson

No comments: