Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Emergenza Music Festival -- a quick note about this band competition

I was asked recently to be on the judging panel for a Vancouver final of the Emergenza Music Festival. Unfortunately, considering the drive involved (Seattle to BC), they didn't give me enough lead time to see if I could alter my schedule and arrange to be there. Ah well, such is life. I would have loved to see the bands they had lined up, winners from the local semi-finals. Hopefully, they will ask me again.

So this is just a quick thank you for the request and a nod to the Festival, which apparently is worldwide in scope with their events and competitions.

I'd like to hear from some of the actual bands participating in the competition--want to know if you find it a good experience or not. Did it help you in any significant way with your career? There are lots of festivals around, for all types of media, but this is the first I've heard of Emergenza. I don't know if that is a good thing or not? Perhaps I've been missing out on a really great music experience and therefore, I'd like to learn more and hear from those involved.

If you want to check out Emergenza, their website is--
http://www.emergenza.net

They say they are the largest international concert organizer for unsigned bands. If they are doing good by those same unsigned bands, then I definitely want to know more about them! So let me know.

And for those local to Seattle, Saturday, June 16 (this Saturday) they are playing/doing a concert series, one of the competition finals, in Seattle at Studio Seven. For other locations and dates, all over the world, check their site. (And let me know what you think if you go to one of them...)

Thanks and good hunting!
CG

No comments: