Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Friday, June 29, 2007

MUSIC REVIEW: FABER DRIVE, Hands Down, A WINNER!

FABER DRIVE! B.C.'s got a Superstar in the Making Here!

Well,
back to beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Faber Drive is a new discovery by major label, Universal Records, but likely is not a surprise to fans in B.C. and anywhere else this foursome plays. The rock group with an amazing hit like Second Chance is both poignant and powerful. It's a band with a sense of mission rather than entitlement or selfish whim. From the tearjerking Sleepness Nights, which focuses on a child's too up close and personal view of abuse, to the band's own honest surprise at its success to the band's amazing blend of songwriting, singing and instrumentals, this group is consistently surprising and extraordinary.

Is Faber Drive the next U2? I think so!

If I were deciding the Aha! Blogolicious! Media Innovation Awards right now (which I'm not, that's not until October), but if I were, I'd be giving the Overall title to this group, hands down. They are THAT good. Universal got it right and I'll bet the label is patting themselves on the back that they got a hold of this group before anyone else did. I've made the comment before that there are some great unknown, or relatively unknown bands out there--that all they need to take them to the very top is that ONE song, that ONE song that gets everyone's attention...worldwide attention. This group has not just that ONE song, but a WHOLE SLEW OF THEM!!

Amazing vocals, amazing songs, amazing musicality from the entire band. Scariest thing is that this is a very young and new group, not having been together very long--what's to come promises to be even more than what currently is--which is great songs, catchy tunes, heartfelt, penetrating lyrics and insight, and all of it delivered with energy, hope and passion. I wish I had the adjectives to properly describe the music, but as is usual when I find a group this above-and-beyond, I find myself hunting fruitlessly for an appropriately deserving description.

I'm always looking for the next Blue October or Nickelback or Fall Out Boy. I think I just found them.

In a word, just plain fricking AMAZING! If you're in Canada, consider yourself lucky and get to one of their concert dates right now!


Check them out for yourself...I mean it, do it right now!

http://www.myspace.com/faberdrive

I was going to review a second band in this article...but now, I'm not going to--it wouldn't be fair to another band to go head to head with this group. I'll save it for next week.

Have a great weekend! Darn it, amazing band...wow, still can't get over it.


CG Anderson

Little Dogs Media

Aha! Blogolicious! Musings and Meanings of Non-Sensical Events...and Canada!

No comments: