Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Saturday, July 19, 2008

You Decide--Nell (Korea) vs. Art of Dying (Canada) Quickie Music Review

Well, I couldn't decide to go west toward Korea or east, across the Pacific, back to Canada and the US.

So I went both ways.
Isn't Internet travel just so much easier and convenient? !!

Nell is out of South Korea. They are an alternative/indie rock band. They are very easy on the ears, so think of them as more the easy-listening type of alternative band, rather than the hard driving rocker type.

The music was a bit tinny but I blame the upload to MySpace. The vocals are very nice and the musicality good. The samples I listened to tended to the ballad-like and I would have prefer
red some that were a bit more passionate and intense, but then that is me.

Decide for yourself. A nice group to listen to, especially after a hard days work or while studying for a midterm. At least that was my impression.

You can find their MySpace page at
http://www.myspace.com/bandnell

Don't want easy listening? Not interesting in studying but would rather dance around your room pretending to be a rock star?

OK, try the wildly popular, yet unsigned?, grunge band out of Canada -- Art of Dying.


Raucous, wild, over the top, energetic, evocative, emotional, you name it. It's a grunge band. Good emotive, angst-ridden vocals, good musicality, driving beats without 'over-amping' -- it is no surprise why this band is so popular.

The only complaint was the overdone MySpace site that slowed down the download and made me wait in order to sample their songs. I almost gave up waiting, but still...I'm glad I hung in there and gave them a listen.

Check them out at
http://www.myspace.com/theartofdying

So there you have it. East and West by going west and east!

Enjoy!
CG Anderson

Got an idea for a band I should review? Let me know at cganders1@yahoo.com

No comments: