Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MUSIC REVIEW: Japan's Indie Rockers, Sangreal

Another week, another chance to rock and roll.

This week I was once again in the mood for some rock and I was still hunting around old sites and new sites in Japan.

An indie rock band named Sangreal caught my eye and ear. While I still can't speak, much less understand, much Japanese, this band's musicality, vocals, tonality, passion and professionalism made me take quick note.

The lead singer, omi, has pleasant vocals with great tonality, pacing and passion. The song choices were fun yet still with driving rock beats. Think a mix of pop and rock, rather than grunge or metal. But even if you prefer metal or heavier beats, give this band a try. The ability of the musicians is apparent, from their perfect timing to their virtuosity on delicate and complicated riffs.

These guys can play; better yet, they're fun to listen to...and that makes them good performers as well. I love it when a band is not only fun to listen to, but also able to carry off complicated musical feats...and if they have passion as well (which you can hear in the music and the vocals), then I'm sold. And these guys have that.

Only complaint, they have three full songs on their MySpace site...but I wanted a lot more than three!

Give them a try...their site is at http://www.myspace.com/sangrealive

And don't forget to send me pointers to your favorite bands and singers! My email is on my profile and yes, I do read it!

Best,
CG Anderson

No comments: