Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Sunday, September 14, 2008

MUSIC REVIEW: Japan's LOW IQ 01 and France's PLEASURE ADDICTION

Time for some music. How about some Rock?

Well, I decided to check out some new faces and some bands I spotted months ago. As a result, on today's menu are two choice picks -- Japan's LOW IQ 01 and France's Pleasure Addiction.

LOW IQ 01

This rock band is definitely a rock band. Even though they only offer up short snippets of play on their MySpace site, you can hear the rampaging beats and driving vocals. As with any good rock band, you don't need caffeine after hearing them. Complex yet fun, I liked their stuff. I would have written more, but since I only had snippets to work with, I really couldn't get a better feel for the depth or reach of their music.

Still, if you like rock, check them out.

Their site is at http://www.myspace.com/lowiq01


PLEASURE ADDICTION

The other band is also a rock band. This time the band hails from France. A number of months ago, I put this band on my personal 'watch and check back in a few months list' because the comments I had (for myself, not public) was that it showed great promise. However, I wanted to give them a few months and check back to see how they were sounding a bit later.

Great tunes, clear and expressive vocals and a demanding rock beat that backs up the vocals and drives the music forward. This is an exciting and charismatic group with a lot of promise and...I'm glad to see...the internal drive to keep at it and really go for the top levels of the music industry.

Not many songs on their site, but at least they aren't 10 second snippets!

Check them out for yourself, they are at:
http://www.myspace.com/pleasureaddiction

Have a great day! Coming up soon, a review that includes Japan's up and coming JPOP girl, Ranka, but since she's JPOP, I thought I would wait and cover her separately. Today was for Rockers.

CG Anderson

No comments: