Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Carol: Dashing Up the Trunk

A good friend of mine has graciously agreed to let me post her wonderful, often hilarious and typically cat-oriented Christmas Carols. (She's a cat person, so cats often are the source of her humor and writing.)

I will be posting her carols now through December--there are several of them. Please do not copy or use her stuff without permission. And she would love to hear any feedback about her carols. (You can send any feedback to me, if you don't have Blogger permissions to comment this blog, at cganders1@yahoo.com.)

Here's the next one!
Enjoy!

Dashing Up the Trunk
(to “Jingle Bells”)

Dashing up the trunk, of my tattered Christmas tree.
Goes my joyful cat, laughing in her glee.
Light strings dragging here, and glass balls bouncing there.
Oh, what fun it is for cats with Christmas in the air.

Oh! Cards and gifts, ribbons bright, cakes and cookies too.
All these things for playing with and wrapping paper too.


At last it’s Christmas Eve, and my cat lurks on the roof.
Quietly she waits, for the sound of hooves.
An ambush she’s set, so Santa’d best beware.
Oh, what fun that cat can have, with Christmas in the air.

Oh! Cards and gifts, ribbons bright, cakes and cookies too.
All these things for playing with and wrapping paper too.


Now it’s Christmas morn, and my cat’s quite snug (and smug).
There’s a bright red hat, on the fireplace rug.
And next to that hat, some sleigh bells lying there.
That silly cat has too much fun with Christmas in the air.

Oh! Cards and gifts, ribbons bright, cakes and cookies too.
All these things for playing with and wrapping paper too.


Rachelle Coe

No comments: