Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Carol: The Dog Owner's Christmas Carol

A good friend of mine has graciously agreed to let me post her wonderful, often hilarious and typically cat-oriented Christmas Carols. (She's a cat person, so cats often are the source of her humor and writing.)

I will be posting her carols now through December and maybe beyond if I'm not through them all--there are several of them. Please do not copy or use her stuff without permission. And she would love to hear any feedback about her carols. (You can send any feedback to me, if you don't have Blogger permissions to comment this blog, at cganders1@yahoo.com.)

Here's the next one!
Enjoy!

The Dog Owner’s Christmas Carol
(to “The 12 Days of Christmas”)

On the day before Christmas, I found waiting for me…
Twelve candy‑canes scattered,
Eleven presents opened,
Ten cookies nibbled,
Nine glass balls bouncing,
Eight knick‑knacks shattered,
Seven light‑strings dragging,
Six spills awaiting,
*** Five shredded gifts, ***
Four broken cups,
Three chewed cards,
Two lost tags,
And my dog asleep beneath the Christmas tree.

Rachelle Coe

No comments: