Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Time to get back to work...

Well, it's been awhile. I had to go off and do some real work and frankly, that takes a lot of time. While I prefer working for myself, I have to admit, a steady paycheck is a priceless thing! However, the time it sucks down and the energy it takes (since in my case, it means a long, long commute every day, each way) drains me and makes it hard to think about anything else.

But I'm adjusting...

Little Dogs Media is no more, unfortunately. Like so many other small businesses, it ran for two years (plus or minus) and just didn't make it. However, this blog is still alive and kicking (barely) and so I'll continue to do write ups and reviews, even if I can't spend the amount of time I could before researching new bands, dance groups and artists.

So the name of the site will be changing and it will be undergoing a face lift.

Since I don't have as much time to spend, I'll have to spend it wisely and on things I think are important (to me.) Comments telling me that I should be doing 'this' or 'that' are welcome, because it's no fun writing stuff that no one wants to read.

How will the site change? Well, there will me more creative writing scattered among the band reviews, and more commentary--though it will be short opinion pieces since I don't have a lot of time anymore.

And since I'm learning Japanese, there will be a shift toward all things Japanese as well. Meaning, I'll be trying to track down Japanese bands and artistic groups and other things art/music related that trace back to Japan.

And, depending on how Google blogs work, I may even try to post some (likely poorly written) commentary or creative pieces in JAPANESE! It will be good practice for me, even if for those that read it, it may turn out to be painful...or perhaps ludicrous (My Dog Purple Flavor Returns and other such inanities.) I hope not, but I welcome those that speak/write/read fluent Japanese to add any constructive comments and help me not embarrass myself (as much!)

I also welcome any pointers to Japanese based bands, artists, dancers, art events and so forth...preferably to dual-English/Japanese sites so that when I talk about them, they can reach a wider audience.

And much much later, after I've learned the 2000 daily use Kanji for Japan, I plan on tackling Chinese (Mandarin, I suspect.)

Anyway, as said, things are changing. The Myspace page is gone now, so you can't reach me that way, you need to use my yahoo email address or post a comment here.

Besides, I need to get back to doing this...even if I'm tired all the time...between the work grind and watching the horror that is now American politics and politicians, I need something better in my life. (I'm soooo disenfranchised now, it's not funny. I didn't even bother voting in the primary. I don't trust Obama, he comes off slimy to me, like a stereotypical used car salesman who thinks he knows better than you, but I don't think Hilary has a good chance either and only because I think the country is still prejudiced against the idea of a woman president...just my feeling, you don't have to agree...if McCain wasn't anti-abortion, I think I'd cross party lines and vote for him, but he is and I don't think his desire to 'go green' will last much longer either. I think he will bend to the party will and special interests faster than you can say 'green'.)

So I'm disenfranchised and I didn't used to be. Maybe that's why I have more interest right now in countries like Canada and Japan, who may not be any better in a lot of ways, but at least they are different. (And in Japan, they don't just talk about doing something to be prepared for this or that natural disaster, like in the US, they actually do something about it. Tsunamis come to mind and how they actually build protections against them...while in the US, we have the early warning system, yes, but the towns on the coast really talk a lot but do nothing to prepare.)

Here in Washington (state), we have tsunamis, earthquakes, mudslides, high winds, volcanoes, you name it...but it's politics as usual and nothing seems to get done. sigh... just like the rest of the country, it seems...

Ah, well... perhaps I'm just tired and imagining it all.

Anyway, write you soon!
C.G.

No comments: