Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Friday, April 27, 2007

HUMOR: The Diary of the Dog and the Cat, plus a photo of Aha! Blogolicious! Media Innovator Award Winners, Westcott & Rodway

No music review this week, but there will be next week. I've found some more great bands--mostly alternative/rock this time.

However, I promised some humor a while back and now I'm delivering. With the news recently, I think everyone could use a light humor chuckle right about now.

I'm also including a new photo of Westcott & Rodway, one of the groups that won the 2006 Aha! Blogolicious! Media Award for Innovation. They are a musical duo that does an incredibly beautiful and compelling jazz/classical/flamenco fusion. Recently, they sent me a photo showing them holding the award--it helps ease my mind that the award made it all the way to Exeter, England without breakage--and it's nice to see the winner actually holding the award, too. Karen Nielsen, who also won for her short film, Perceptions, also sent in her photo and it was included in her recent profile and interview. Westcott and Rodway were profiled/interviewed a couple months ago before they received the trophy, so I'm only now getting a photo. Just search for their names on this blog to see the interview and check out their myspace page to hear their music (or to see Karen's film, Perceptions.)

The other winners included Summit Avenue, an amazing band that unfortunately broke up recently, so I'm still trying to figure out who gets the award in that situation (the leader of the band or the band's label...stay tuned.) Marianas Trench and Three Second Delay also won, but it's unlikely they'll get a profile/interview here, since they never responded query messages and missed all the deadlines, no matter how lenient. A pity, but they are nevertheless great bands and you should still give their music a listen.

The final winner, in a different category entirely, and the one whose award is actually responsible for inspiring me to create the Aha! Blogolicious! Media Awards in the first place, Gordon Michael Woolvett, is still very likely to get profiled/interviewed in the near future. No promises, since schedules and situations can always change, but I'm hopeful.

So on to the humor...

I got this humor about 10th hand, so have been unable to determine the original author. I'd like to credit him or her, if possible, so if any readers have any clues, please let me know at my public email address of cganders1@yahoo.com. Thanks.

CG
-----------------------------------------------------------
The Diary of Cats and Dogs
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

- - - THE DOG - - -

8:00 AM Dog food! My favorite thing!!

9:30 AM A car ride! My favorite thing!!

9:40 AM A walk in the park! My favorite thing!!

10:30 AM Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!!

12:00 PM Milk bones!! My favorite thing!!

1:00 PM Played in the yard! My favorite thing!!

3:00 PM Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!!

5:00 PM Dinner! My favorite thing!!

7:00 PM Got to play ball! My favorite thing!!

8:00 PM Wow! Watched TV with my people! My favorite thing!!


- - - THE CAT - - -

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies". I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell so he is safe.

More later.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Having had cats...and dogs (currently) and a noisy bird (currently), this humor had me in stiches!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Have a good weekend!

CG Anderson
Little Dogs Media



No comments: