Translate

Note from AhaBlogolicious...

Comments are turned off on comics to avoid cluttering the page. Please comment or discuss using Facebook, Twitter or other social media. "Make Humor, Not War!" Thanks, you're wonderful! Yes, you! Without your support, this blog would be a lonely place...
...
Curious as to who I am and why I'm so darned opinionated? (or warped? Geez, I hope not too much!)

Try connecting with me, on Facebook or Twitter.
Follow on (https://www.facebook.com/LittleDogsMedia/ or @LittleDogsMedia) or connect with me on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cganderson/

Saturday, March 15, 2008

MUSIC REVIEW: 宝美 The Treasure Beauty--Japan's own Celine, Mariah or Sade?

宝美

To listen to her music, here are the links (both the ugly version and the nice version but both to the same MySpace page.)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1000799482
or try
www.myspace.com/keyweb

Whether 宝美 is her name or a name being used for her site, I don't know. As I said, I would be looking more into Japanese singers, bands and other artists. Well, I decided to start with MySpace, since I know that well known, as well as unknown, singers will post their music there.

A bit of searching and I found 宝美 site. I don't understand a single word, but I know talent when I hear it. This young lady's voice is spectacular. It is clear and sparkling with life. It is full of emotion--so full that you don't need to understand the lyrics to understand the meaning. Her vocal range is wonderful. Amazing, in fact.

The songs are laid back and romantic in nature. The genre is pop/j-pop/acoustic, but I would say her stuff tends more toward acoustic ballads ala early Mariah, as well as Sade and Celine. The music is superbly done as well, the musicians should be congratulated and the producer given a big, gold star for the overall production.

Her MySpace site says she is unsigned. I have to wonder if that is true or not. I wonder because the sound is so professional and her voice is so amazing that I find it hard to believe that such a talent is left to fend for herself.

If this girl had popped up in Europe, Canada or America, as an English speaking equivalent, with that voice of hers (and her natural beauty), then she would be the heir apparent to Celine or Sade or Mariah.

I hope you all give her a listen, whether you speak Japanese or not. And I hope Japan knows what a treasure they have in this girl, not just a beauty.

The translation of 宝美 that I got was "The Treasure Beauty".
She certainly is!


More to come.
CG Anderson

By the way, I don't have a MySpace page anymore, so I can't comment sites or send them email. If someone reads this and goes to her site, leave a message to her that I think her stuff is wonderful. Thanks!

No comments: